Halaman Terpenting!!!


Thursday, September 12, 2019

Album Review : Signals Midwest - Pin

Musician : Signals Midwest
Album : Pin
Date Release : August 02nd 2019
Publisher : Lauren Records

OK after having Slaughter Beach, Dog previously, we now have Signals Midwest who just put out their recent EP entitled 'Pin'. Well actually its a bit funny to know that I finally put out some words about this band cause I would honestly say that I'm a latebloomer to state that I'm a fan of this band now lol! Yes to be honest I can say that I'm not a fan of their previous tunes, let say their three previous length like At This Age, Light On The Lake, or Latitudes And Longitudes, actually not one of those doesnt get me hook up to much about the band lol. Its weird then remembering about the connection about me personally with this band cause I actually love any other Max Stern's works like his solo stuffs or Timeshares.
I actually dont listen to tease of this album when the single Sanctuary City is out on many platforms up until 'Pin' EP is finally put out August. As the story tells, it takes 3 separated years for this band to produce this EP from their last full length 'At This Age' that put out by Tiny Engines. To be honest I might say that Signals West has gone through much changes in song writing and sound comparing to their previous tunes.
I can say that 'Pin' is much more melodious then their previous stuffs and also this album is much more contemplative lyrically or on music composition itself. This album is actually an instant favorite since I firstly clink the first track entitled 'Pin'. Its like 'Damn! Such an impressive intro!' and yes I think this album is a instant favorite to anyone who are not into Signals Midwest previously as I try to listen to this EP to any random friends who has a similar music taste. He's instantly into this EP haha!
Well by the favorable result of this EP, I truly have a big hope for their next stuff to put out. I mean I hope they make a solid full length just as this EP does. Three years is the numbers that totally worth to wait in my oppinion for resulting a good output like this EP but lets hope probably their full length wouldnt be that long haha! (Though we know that every members of this band lives in separated cities).
Signals Midwest's 'Pin' is put out by Lauren Records on Vinyl and many many digital platforms like bandcamp, spotify, deezer, etc. Aaaahhhh... Been so grateful that I listen to much newer stuffs from the band that I'm not into before lol!


No comments: