Halaman Terpenting!!!


Sunday, June 21, 2020

Album Review : Without - 3 Years Memory

Musician : Without
Album : 3 Years Memory
Date Release : May 19th 2020
Publisher : RAFT Records / Slow Down Records

Ok ur next review stuff coming from our favorite Yokohama emo band, Without! Well I cant tell you for certain about how I find this band but I think its Tirta the guy who initally introduce me to the band. You as he went home from Eleventwelfth, he tells me to listen to some kickin Japanese emo bands and one of them is Without. Well at first I was like 'oh yeah' cause time passes by and I have no time to browse and finding out moar about the band lol.
And you know voila its twitter who comes into me and reintroduce me to the band lol. I remember it was 'Wasted' as the first single that made out as the music video as well introducing me to the band. Fucking exciting to hear the contagious single and that time on I was hooked with the band and hopefully I will see them live before I die lol. FYI the single itself is taken from their 3 way split between A& Works and Good Luck With Your Fun.
And other thing shall be noted as well that the band has a strong bounding with the record label named RAFT Records which is owned and run by the band as well. And yes I'm lucky that I get my copy for their 3 way split with Good Luck With Your Fun & A& Works. Well if you're into Tokyo emotive/indierock tunes, this is one of the stuff that shall be put into your record shelf along with any other releases from bands like Falls, Summerman, etc.
Ok so this comp somehow I can recall as an early discography for the band. The seven songs are collected from their debut EP, the three way split album, and a new song called 'Have A Bad Day'. Well I think if you're the first timer listening to this band, this would be a definitive stuff to check out to. Musically I can describe the band present you a real good vibe of Japanese emo sound. Lets say this guys not playing that too twinkly stuff but they've been so kickin in mixing emo sounds with some pop punk vibes. And perhaps by that factor, this guy has attracted me to get into their stuff.
This compilation is put out on so much digital outlets like bandcamp, spotify, deezer, etc, but just get me wondering that when any Japanese bands use to put out their releases physically and not this time on this Without's discography. Its kinda weird in my oppinion but I like this stuff to be honest. And probably gonna put out this one on my yearly list.


Sites :
Twitter -
https://twitter.com/without_2016/
Bandcamp - https://raft01.bandcamp.com/

No comments: