Halaman Terpenting!!!


Sunday, June 16, 2019

Album Review : Big Nothing - Chris

Musician : Big Nothing
Album : Chris
Date Release : May 10th 2019
Publisher : Salinas Records











Hi again! Finally got my change for sitting on my laptop writing for another music yay! Actually back then I've been so much grateful cause arround these repeated time so much of my favourite bands on the scene releasing new music and the one that being long awaited as well is Big Nothing!
You know I did a review for the first EP that being put out by the almighty Asian Man Records and we all know that Big Nothing has flawlessly executed their EP and no wonder why the band itself has cought so much attentions from their first stuff to put out. I think that's why I'm totally certain as well that the band will do a same flawless level on their first full length as well they did on the first EP.
I also have some kind of positive mind that the band will be on a bigger league since the first EP, its not because the Pat is on Big Nothing cause I trully see that these four heads beneath the band has played so much roles on crafting good songwritings! As we know itself not only Pat who used to play on bands (Spraynard, Martin, Crybaby), there are also Matt which I also notice that he's the man of Crybaby and I totally love Crybaby so much that I would recomend you to listen into and then Liz as being known for doing vocal and bass for Casual before Big Nothing itself.
To be honest, I would say that on this very first full length I can hear some Replacement elements playing some kind of big role the band's music development. Well correct me if I'm wrong for such statements but this doesnt mean I would describe their music as 'totally Replacements', there are so much colours of from each persons of the band that they carry on towards Big Nothing and I see that Replacements has been a bridge for the band to connect their songwriting album and this thing feels much more powerful on this full length. And that's a good thing cause I feel that the band has a more compact materials comparing than their first EP. My most favourite tracks would be a sentimental song named 'Sister' and yes that song sounds daaaaammmnnn gewd!
The band has done a tour to promote the full length alongside their label fellow, Radiator Hospital, this May. Oh ya and the full length is put out by the legendary Salinas Records, a label who is responsible for putting out damn great records from bands like Delay, Swearin, Martha, Dyke Drama, Distants, All Dogs, High Dive, etc, on vinyl and if you're such a 21 Century Digital the full length is also out on many platforms like bandcamp, spotify, deezer, etc. This is an instantly a pick up for 2019 AOTY insya Allah haha!



Big Nothing's Sites : 
Bandcamp - https://bignothin.bandcamp.com/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/bignothin/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/bignothin/

No comments: