Halaman Terpenting!!!


Saturday, November 23, 2019

Our Band Could Be Your Life : Lipstick Homicide

Okay after get a bit space of time for not writing down this section, finally I get a chance to make an update. This time we'll have an Otawa pop punk favorite, Lipstick Homicide! Yes I remember that I once wrote about their label, Bloated Kat Records, and suddenly some days ago there was a whisper coming to my ear telling me 'Hey why not try to write down one of Bloated Kat's roster!'. I wrote Jabber a long time ago when they got disbanded for the first time and yes this time let me get my ass sitting down to write something for Lipstick Homicide.
Lipstick Homicide is one the band that I dig for the first time as I discover Bloated Kat Records and later on the label introduces me to another great pop punk acts like Science Police, Skinny Genes, Boys, Rational Athem, etc.
Well another that shall be taken note is that Lipstick Homicide is one of the band that being featured on a remarkable modern pop punk comp entitled 'The Thing That Ate Larry Livermore' alog with other great bands like Houseboat, Mixtapes, Dopamines, The Max Levine Ensamble, etc. What comes to the matter is that this comp is currated by the living legend itself Larry Livermore. Yes that should be something for any pop punk bands that personally currated by the A&E of Lookout Records. Therefore I can say that Larry has made a great choice by choosing this great band to be part of the comp and thats these girls are deserved for.
I wrote once about babes in pop punk band on my newsletter and one of them is Lipstick Homicide. Yes the band has also crafted a mark for female gender in pop punk scene along with their label fellows like Boys, Jabber, and Strait A's. Well I can say musically if I could describe their sounds as The Unlovables going crazier and faster. Yes, not only you can hear its great melodies to produce but they're good on lifting a good mood on every songs. Well its actually to define how many records that this band has produced but I would recomend you their latest full length 'Out Utero'. This album presents their greatest output so far in my oppinion. And believe me what, they never turn to slow down from the 14 songs that being featured in total on this full length. Yes its full-throttle pop punk album!
To date since 2013 the band has produced nothing but you know I'm still waiting for this trio to put something out in this 420 emo ages lol. As we know several member goes for some side projects like Rachel on 83 Wolfpack and doing some helps on Boys as well, then Kate Kane recently put out a solo album on Bloated Kat. So yes let's hope for the best for them!


Lipstick Homicide's Sites : 
Bandcamp - https://lipstickhomicide.bandcamp.com/
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/lipstickhomicide

No comments: