Halaman Terpenting!!!


Friday, April 8, 2022

Album Review : Displacement - Only Lost Will Tell

Musician :
Displacement
Album : Only Lost Will Tell
Date Release : August 25th 2021
Publisher : Suddendeath Records

Melodic hardcore is a hardcore punk subgenre that has laid a lot of style underneath. Not only for the foreign region, the style has been varied significantly on the local scene through the years. With the awakening 90's bands like Sendal Jepit, Kompor Bekas, Fudge, and furthermore that I'm too dumb to not figure it out. And this time we'll have a Depok based melodic hardcore band, Displacement, who just put out their latest LP entitled 'Only Lost Will Tell'.I remember I saw the band for the first time on an emo nite gig with Ache were put on the same bill, they kinda blew me out for the first time as, you know, they kinda play on neat sounded performance and I'm a fan of Lifetime melodic hardcore typical kinda sound (Though I heard most of kid would mostly dictate their sound is old sounded Title Fight thing). The factor I mentioned probably would be the most thing that gets me to love the band. Well personally I dont mind either with the things like 'Oh this band actually sound like this band' or otherwise, you know its all just a matter of perspective to me, so why bother then...
Displacement is a band that is formed and bounded by hardcore communities which I can tell that the band features a member of A Thousand Punch which is known as one of an important band that shapes modern hardcore sound for the local scene. 
Not long after I saw them on emo nite for the first time, I tried to listen on the stuff they put out and it was 'Things We Never Said' EP first ever I got crushed on. The EP delivers so much great energies and infectious melodies and thats why I got fall for the band lol. Especially for those of you who got nailed for some bands like Lifetime or Kid Dynamite, I think we're gonna have the same perspective for Displacement sounds.
The LP 'Only Lost Will Tell' is a bit different as the sound production much more neat and clean as the band took a tracking method recording which is different if the comparison being taken on the first EP cause the band took a live recording method. The LP 'Only Lost Will Tell' yet still delivers so much anthemic singing line and powerful melodic hardcore sounded guitar chord. I would state some of my favorite tracks that are worth to check such as "Worthless", ''Let Me Tell You", "Reverse". It is good to know that some local bands would still strive to put out a new record without considering the Covid pandemic factor on their mind and yes the LP, as I might say, should got more attentions.
The album is produced by Suddendeath Records, a label that is known for putting out records from hardcore punk bands like Disfare, Deafness, Knife, Bright, etc. Pressed for 50 copies on tapes and also available on many digital services as you deserve.


Sites : 
Bandcamp - https://dsplcmnt.bandcamp.com/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/displacementcrew/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/displacementcrew/

No comments: