Halaman Terpenting!!!


Saturday, November 17, 2018

An Interview With Avin of Cubfires

Yes back writing again after having an aching gout on my feet. Shit I feel so fucking old! And this time we have Avin of Cubfires for having an interview. On this occassion, we're going to talk about much things from his new marriage up to his band, Cubfires, and some of the past, yet if you know him he had some band being active back years ago like What The Sparrow Did To You, Amukredam, xVeinsx, etc. So yea... Lets dig the convo below!


01.Tell me about your honeymoon??
I drink beer, I had great sex, I enjoy watching white people got drunk and did stupid white people shit in Bali. What else?

02.Does Starting Line's song 'Bedroom Talk' related into your honeymoon experience?
Sort of hahaha the difference it's not "like we just got married" but it's "cause we just got married"

03.Why the band gets the name changed?? Is the name too MMA thing??
I started this band as a solo project in mid 2017. I don't think too much about the name back then. Just happened to watch MMA on TV and one of the fighter pull a rare submission called peruvian necktie and that's it. But as time goes by, it feels really weird googling your band's name and the first thing you find is two dudes hugging on the floor doing jiu-jitsu shit.

04.I know you wrote so many pop punx songs even before you form this band. So what happens to those old songs then??
Some of em you can find in avinnala.bandcamp.com and the rest... got skimmed in old hdd and old phone memory lmao

05.Tell me about the song writing process for Cubfires itself
I wrote most of the songs so basically it starts from me sending guitar riffs to the group and practice it together the next day. But some songs are composed together by me and the band in my house when we hang together, or in studio when we practice. The X factor of the band is our guitarist actually. Ayyub is that guitarist that every band low-key needed especially band member like me who could only write basic guitar riffs of a song. Because after he heard it, he'll came up with a cool lead guitar 5 minutes later loool. Or he basically just playing random notes and it turns out to be awesome and I was like "what was that can you play that again?" It actually turned out to be a good song (Stay Too Long & Curves are the example).

06.Hey you're getting fat now... What does your spouse say about it
She said I'm sexy

07.Tell me about my Cubfires favourite song 'Stay Too Long Where You Dont Belong". What is it all about??
It is a story of a kouhai who struggles to create the best birthday gift ever to his senpai crush. It is from an anime but I forgot the title. But almost every anime with school settings did this shit haha. Also my friends' struggles to buy/create a gift for their JKT48 oshi inspired some of the lyrics I wrote in this song.

08.So after Amukredam and What The Sparrow Did To You, any motivation to do another emo band??
We'll see. Need a skilled bandmate who can play twinkly shits or melodic riffs like Suis La Lune just because I can't.

09.Some recalls Cubfires as modern pop punk then what would you describe about your music??
emo-pop punk-experimental-blackened hip-hop

10.What makes you wanna do a pop punx band
I want to be like Kenny Vasoli

11.Any plans soon about any of your band, Amukredam or Cubfires??
Cubfires will release its very first EP hopefully soon under the legendary label called Rizkan Records. I'm not sure about amukredam, the members are busy growing up at the moment. Toro is living his corporate life and love life with his wife to the fullest, while Odie will be getting married in December, and Jati got a girlfriend and a turtles that he loves with all his heart. So we'll see.

12.Last words??
Fuck Rizkan Records



Cubfires' Sites : 
Twitter - https://twitter.com/cubfires
Bandcamp - https://cubfires.bandcamp.com/
Soundcloud - https://soundcloud.com/cubfires

No comments: