Halaman Terpenting!!!


Saturday, June 8, 2019

Album Review : Turncoat - My Dear Ex

Musician : Turncoat
Album : My Dear Ex
Date Release : April 24th 2019
Publisher : Waterslide Records











Such a suprise to know that I sit down here on my laptop to write another shitty writing post on this shitty webzine yay! (Yes after a damn long time a daaaammmnnn long thyme!) The next one comin from one of my favourite thing of Japanese orgcore, Turncoat! Yes this is a suprise and no suprise included, so what are those?! The suprise is that they just put out a full length on my favourite Japanese pop punk/orgcore label, Waterslide Records, and the no suprise is that I already heard they about to put a full length since a year ago lol. As time goes by, the trio itself has been known for putting out several kickin ass stuffs like their recent EP entitled 'I.R.I.S.' and the badass split EP with Okinawa twinkle emo heavy weight champ, Offseason.
Well if you're such a newbie for the band itself, here's a short story as I know about the band. As I know personally that the band itself is formed from the ashes of Snuffy Smile band called Drift Age and yes by this I refer into Takahiro Inoue, guitarist, who used to play there. The band itself has cought my attention, personally, since they put out their EP entitled 'I.R.I.S.' and all I can hear on their stuffs is an excelent song writing of emo tunes mixed up with an indierock vibe. Yes they already crafted a representative indiepunk tunes that mix up with J-Punk vibe. Shortly I can describe their music as a perfect blend of Lemuria, Superchunk with some Husking Bee vibe.
Their recent album 'My Dear Ex' has actually prooven their progress and if you're listening right from the first ever full length they put out, the third one would be a kickin progress!! More melodious and also what makes me so stoke about it is that they put pretty much progressive drum pattern on much songs on the album. And yes Takahiro and Kiyomi vocals does really well on every song, I dont know how they could blend up this much but all I know is that finding such character on male-female bands like Lemuria is not an easy thing. The full length is produced on CD by Waterslide Records and you can order it online via the label's site http://watersliderecords.net/ Sadly up to this second I havent watched this band live :(


No comments: