Halaman Terpenting!!!


Saturday, June 8, 2019

Album Review : Yawners - Just Calm Down

Musician : Yawners
Album : Just Calm Down
Date Release : March 22nd 2019
Publisher : La Castanya












OK the next crush comin from one of our band that we've been keen of since months bacward lol! Yea it is such a bummer for just having a time to write down the things about them months later BUT better late than never right?! OK this time we have Yawners from Spain! Hell I got nothing to figure out about Spain scene before rather than Accidente, Wild Animals, and La Agonia De Vivir! I think I put out some records from Spanish band back when I run the netlabels, PROBABLY?!
Yes thank internet for connecting me to whole lotsa lotsa great music and scene beneath this earth that being saperated by geographic borders, and Yawners is not my first glorious internet discovery but this one is one of the greatest one I guess lol!
Yawners is a Spain based duo led by Elena on guitars+vocal and Martin on drums who just put out their excelent debut full length entitled 'Just Calm Down' via La Castanya. To date the duo has produced several singles and an EP before this full length coming out on March 22nd 2019 and yea this crappy webzine is too godamn late to figuring out to find a time to do an exposure for this masterpiece!
What I found through this full length is that they already found a definitive sound for the band aaaannndddd suprisingly and some of the songs are written in Spanish and those songs are totally gewd! Yes this is such rare thing to happens finding any indiepunk outside English-proficiency territory (I mean like American, English, or Singaporean bands) who dare to write songs on their own local language. I really hope that the bands continues to write more spannish songs honestly lol! Aside from the songwriting, I also found that the band already found a signature sounds so yes I can say that the album has been executed very well. You can find big riffs coming from Built To Spill up to the great melodies boisterous indie rock energy that is emerged from bands like Personal Best or Muncie Girls.
I never stated any of the several kind of music being my taste template today but this full length is totally my thing lol and I would like you to listen to it as well. This full length is out anywhere of the digital distribution outlets like Bandcamp, Spotify, Deezer, etc. And this full length is produced on CD and Vinyl for its physical form only via Las Castanya.



No comments: