Halaman Terpenting!!!


Friday, October 4, 2019

Album Review : Field Mouse - Meaning

Musician : Field Mouse
Album : Meaning
Date Release : August 16th 2019
Publisher : Top Shelf Records

Well I'm back again for being so godamn late to post another writing and too lazy as well though I have another excuse like gout attack that striking me fiercely this couple of weeks. I actually gonna post an album by Field Mouse! Yay! Finally after much years this band finally put out a new album. Field Mouse one of the band that I firstly discover via a fabolous live session channel, Audiotree! Well this is actually the first time I write a band which I found for the first time on Audiotree lol.

The name of the band is actually a bit tricky and if you're such an indiepop fan, a Sarah Records roster named Field Mice probably is the band that is going to twist arround your head as you heard the name of this band lol. As the vocalist, Rachel Browne, and the other members of the band seems dont mind with the name though themself notices who Field Mice is, written on an interview with All Things Go.
Well nevermind about the name itself though I its been laid for a paragraph for it lol! Field Mice itself is one of the recent wave of Topshelf roster that I'm into though we all know that the label has stepped forward developing its sound from being known as an emo label to a label that put out so much so called indierock/shoegaze leaning rosters. And actually I grow my interest toward since the band put out their full length entitled 'Episodic'. The album has grown a more mature signature sound of the band ; less reverb on vocal, and a much better songwriting. The album has actually match my personal interest :)
It takes 3 long year for the band to finish out this record since the recent one 'Episodic' and as I took a listen to this tune for first time, yes its all that worth! Do love this record! Though I can say that you would find no great differences with the previous one but this album has actually met up my expectation as a fan. The recent news is that the band is going on a tour Defeater, excuse Defeater dat B9 hardcore band#$@! Ok its no strange things that hardcore kids today into indierock too. I mean like this has been done by their ancestors like 7 Seconds who has an indierock leaning sound on their latest works. Oh by the way the album is put out on various forms, like vinyl, CDs, and Cassette, by Topshelf Records and also this album is on a various streaming platforms like ; Bandcamp, Spotify, etc.


No comments: